Day One on iOS has the option to enable a passcode or use Touch ID to unlock the app.
- Tap Settings > Passcode & Touch ID to get started
- Enable Passcode
- Create a new 4-digit passcode
Now you will see the customizable options for Passcode and Touch ID. The options are:
- Require After... which allows you to set when the passcode will be required
- Touch ID - If your device has Touch ID enabled and you have a fingerprint registered you can use this option to unlock your journal
- Prompt for Touch ID on Startup - if you disable this, you can create entries without entering a passcode or Touch ID, but you will need to unlock the journal with passcode to view the existing data.
Recovering lost passwords
- The easiest solution is to try and remember, maybe spend a while guessing possibly combinations.
- The next easiest solution only works if you are certain that your data has been synced to Dropbox, iCloud, or Day One Sync. If that’s the case, you can delete the app from the device and re-install it. Then re-sync your data from the previous sync method.
- If you have Touch ID enabled for Day One but can't remember the passcode, here are the steps to remove the passcode:
- Go to Day One > Settings > Passcode + Touch ID
- Turn off the Passcode.
- When the numberpad comes up, tap the Touch ID icon in the bottom left corner.
- Enter your fingerprint. Your passcode will now be reset.