Backing Up Your Journal
IMPORTANT: Before uninstalling Day One on your Mac, make sure you've backed up your data. Follow these steps
- Find your journal data. (See: Where is the Day One data file stored? in our Support Center.)
- Save your journal data to your Desktop.
If you'd like to save your Day One auto-backups, do the following:
- Read How do I restore from a backup? to find your backup files.
- Select some or all of these files, and save them to your Documents.
- After you've uninstalled and reinstalled Day One, you can move these files back into the Backups folder.
Uninstalling Day One for Mac
- Close both the main app and the menu bar app
- Delete the Day One application (/Applications/Day One.app)
- Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
- Run the following commands in Terminal (copy/paste each one and press enter):
defaults delete com.dayoneapp.dayone
rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.dayoneapp.dayone
rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.dayoneapp.dayone-agent
rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/5U8NS4GX82.dayoneapp
5. Empty your trash
Follow the steps above for uninstall and then:
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall Day One from the Mac App Store > Purchased.
Did this answer your question?