It's possible to sync between Day One 2.0 and Day One Classic. While this syncing capability will allow you to view 2.0 entries, it does not mean all entries created by 2.0 can be edited in Classic.
To sync between Classic and 2.0, you'll need to have Day One Sync enabled in both apps. Day One 2.0 will sync the contents of your linked journal. To find your linked journal, do the following:
- iOS: Go to Day One 2.0 > Settings > Journals. Mac: Go to Day One 2.0 > Preferences Journals.
- Tap on the first journal in the list. This is usually the journal that will sync to Day One Classic.
Please note the following about syncing between Day One 2.0 and Day One Classic:
- In Day One Classic, you will only see entries included in the linked journal. In other words, if you move entries out of the linked journal in 2.0, you will no longer see them in Day One Classic.
- Day One Classic will only have one photo per entry, even though the entry may have multiple photos in 2.0
- Though Day One 2.0 entries can be viewed in Classic, you may not be able to edit all 2.0-created entries.
- You cannot edit entries that contain multiple photos in Day One Classic, nor will multiple photos be displayed. These entries will show only the first photo of the entry.
- You can publish entries created in 2.0 that don't have multiple photos.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Day One Classic iOS (1.17.9 or later) and Mac (1.10.6 or later). If you don't have the latest version, you can download the updates.