2.5.8 (November 6, 2017)
- iPhone X improvements
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
2.5.6 (November 2, 2017)
- Support for Face ID to unlock
- iPhone X layout improvements
- Fixed an issue with reminders and notifications not working
2.5.5 (October 28, 2017)
- Crash for some users on start-up
2.5.4 (October 24, 2017)
- iPhone X support
- Drag and drop photos onto entries in Read Mode and in the Timeline.
- Fixed the duplicate notification bug, sorry about that!
- Resolved an issue with local backups.
- TextExpander snippets update without crashing
- Reminder push notifications don't appear after the reminder is deleted
- Sync improvements (no longer downloads/uploads constantly)
- Indent button (->) in Markdown tool bar indents on blank line
- Keyboard automatically appears when searching
- Multiple tags can be selected in Timeline tag filter
2.5.3 (October 4, 2017)
- Bug fixes
- Improved drag & drop in iOS 11 (drag to arrange photos within an entry).
2.5.2 (October 1, 2017)
- Drag & drop in iOS 11, now you can drag to arrange photos within an entry.
- Various bug fixes and refinements.
2.5.1 (September 23, 2017)
- Timeline scrolling jitter
- Various bugs and performance improvements for iOS 11
2.5 (September 19, 2017)
New features and support for iOS 11:
- Drag and Drop images from Photos, Safari, and other apps
- Drag to re-order journals (in Journal switcher menu)
- Twitter and Facebook authentication (to replace system auth removed in iOS 11)
- Share Extension fixes and improvements
- Time zone improvements
- Updated Notification framework
2.4.2 (September 14, 2017)
Sync performance improvements and fixes.
2.4.1 (September 1, 2017)
Check out the new Day One Widgets!
- On This Day (Relive moments captures on the current day anniversary)
- Nearby Entries (Quickly view entries near your current location)
- Activity Feed (Recent location visits to help retroactively journal)
Fixed in this release:
- Fixed incorrect location data in the Activity Feed
- Fixed sync issues that could cause repeated uploading or downloading
- Premium users are no longer limited to adding 10 photos in the share extension
- A few tweaks for iOS 11 compatibility (more to come!)
- Setting a passcode now more reliably hides journal content
- Various crashes and bug fixes
2.4 (August 18, 2017)
- New Activity Feed Widget (Replaces Check-in Widget)
- New Nearby Entries Widget
- Redesigned "On This Day" Widget
- Redesigned Location Editor
- Camera displays photo thumbnails
- Sync: Constantly uploading and/or downloading
- Sync: Prompt for Selective Sync when enabling sync with more than 5 journals on server
- Book Printing: Bold and Italic formatting bug
- Book Printing: Orders being accidentally cancelled
- Date/Time selector improvements throughout
- Activity Feed: Speed and accuracy improvements
- Activity Feed: Facebook posts now properly show in feed
- Activity Feed: Include 1st-frame of videos
- Tags appear in alphabetical order in entry (no longer random)
- Various bugs and performance improvements
2.3.5 (July 13, 2017)
- "Shake to undo" only shown in Edit mode.
- Location history in Activity Feed now works.
- Correct count now shown for created entries in the Activity Feed.
- Changes appear in the metadata view after making edits.
- App no longer shows data being constantly downloaded.
- Photo timeline refreshes when adding new entries with photos.
- Various book printing issues.
2.3.4 (July 7, 2017)
- Facebook can now be connected in the Activity Feed.
- "On This Day" widget no longer shows random photos.
- Photo embed code is not displayed in the Timeline.
- Performance improvements
2.3 (June 28, 2017)
- Introducing Day One Premium!
2.2.2 (June 16, 2017)
- Bug fixes
2.2.1 (June 15, 2017)
- Display of square images in Entry Read View
- Encryption interface improvements
- Entry "Creation Device" only applied on new entries (not imported items)
- Bug with photos lost from in-app camera
- A couple of crashes
2.2 (June 9, 2017)
- End-to-End Encryption is now available. Go to Day One > Settings > Journals, then select specific journals to encrypt. Learn more: http://help.dayoneapp.com/day-one-sync/end-to-end-encryption-faq
- In-app Camera: It's now easier to take photos and quickly add multiple shots to entries. And always square-cropped.
- Search: Recent searches are saved in a list for future re-use.
- Metadata Pane: Entry creation device name saved.
- Show journal color change in Settings.
- State restoration: Implemented app-wide state restoration for when the app is backgrounded or force quit.
- Show "Fetch" option in metadata pane if weather isn't set.
- "On This Day" system notifications not always appearing.
- Long tag names don't wrap.
- Entries erroneously appear "starred" when swiping left/right.
- Photo in entry disappears when using 3D Touch keyboard.
- Adding photo via 3D Touch menu doesn't include location.
- Reminders disabled even if "Allow Notifications" is turned on.
- Various book printing bugs.
2.1.10 (May 26, 2017)
- Redesigned Metadata View: Simple, quick, and more readable access to your entry metadata.
- Instagram Books: Easily import and print your Instagram photos.
- Better error handling for books that have missing or low-res photos.
- Star icon appears next to date header in Read mode.
- Extraneous temp space being used on devices.
- View Plain Text (option under the Share menu) is not scrollable.
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.1.9 (April 24, 2017)
Introducing Day One Book Printing!
- Beautiful design and high-quality books, starting at just $15 for 50 pages. Easy purchase with Apple Pay.
- Go to Settings > Book Printing.
- Note: Initially available in the United States only. International users can test the book creation process.
- "Show Metadata in Read View" changed to "Show Map in Read View".
- Horizontal rule added to Markdown formatting bar.
- Extra margin and metadata bar removed in Edit mode with landscape device orientation.
- Keyboard automatically hides when scrolling through search results.
- Improvements to timeline ordering of entries.
- Adding a photo and applying photo metadata doesn't update Metadata bar or date.
- Multi-select bar hidden.
- iPad: Entries viewable on lock screen.
- Crash when using the photo picker.
- Various other crashes.
2.1.8 (March 29, 2017)
- Various crashes and performance improvements.
2.1.7 (March 27, 2017)
- The metadata bar has been redesigned for greater legibility.
- The Done and Edit buttons have been redesigned to be easier to tap.
- Action sheet menu (top right corner) added to Read mode.
- Notifications & Reminders have been consolidated and improved in Settings.
- Places filter includes complete address information with listed places.
- Line-spacing is now the same between Edit and Read modes.
- "Show Map in Read View" changed to "Show Metadata in Read View."
- Various localization improvements.
- "On This Day" Timeline and system notifications appear multiple times a day.
- Keyboard sometimes overlaps "Use photo time and location" notification.
- In Calendar view, dates with entries aren't highlighted corrected.
- Search results not updating when switching to All Journals.
- Various crashes.
2.1.6 (March 3, 2017)
- Crash when including spaces in journal names
2.1.5 (March 1, 2017)
- Improved Edit and Markdown formatting bar (Swipe the bar to see more options, including bold, italic, and more.)
- Selecting text shows formatting options (bold, italic, lists, and link)
- All locations included in the Places filter
- "Nearby Entries" notification in Timeline
- IFTTT Integrations in Day One > Settings
- Date menu options (tap date header in read mode)
- Date/Time button moved to date header in edit mode (tap to reveal date/time editor)
- Progress indicator added to backup importing
- iOS status bar no longer shown in Camera mode
- Weather service updates
- Renamed "Saved Places" to "Favorites" for locations
- Tap Calendar tab to scroll back to current day
- Updated TextExpander SDK
- Share sheet shown automatically after exporting a PDF
- Localization improvements
- Location services optimizations
- Various PDF Settings bugs
- Various crash fixes
- Tapping On This Day timeline notification causes freeze and crash
- Restoring/importing a backup fails
- Photos taken with iPhone 7 have a black line on top
- Close parenthesis missing from Markdown with Instagram post added with AF
- Timeline scrubber useable on lock screen
- Entries flashed (were refreshed) when tapping check boxes in read mode
- Crash when tapping on an entry's map
- "View On This day" from Calendar not including entries from 1 year ago
- Markdown footnotes not tappable
- Dot no longer shown by Plus tab when Activity Feed is disabled
2.1.4 (February 13, 2017)
- Tag picker performance improvements
- Improved reminder notifications for Activity Feed locations
- Localization updates
2.1.3 (January 31, 2017)
- Daily visit reminders added to Activity Feed settings
- Haptic feedback added to the tab bar and other buttons
- 3D Touch added to calendar dates with entries
- Entry edit button moved to bottom of the screen with a new icon
- Related Photos/All Photos options added to photo picker in edit mode
- "Excluded Tags" option added to Import/Export
- "On This Day" link in tag/filter menu tappable with each journal
- Crashing on startup for some iOS 9 users
- Swiping between day summaries
- Activity Feed not shown in 3D Touch menu if it is disabled
- Larger search header row for improved readability
- Lag when adding tags
- "On This Day" notifications no longer shown on the lock screen
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements
2.1.2 (January 17, 2017)
- Tab and filter bars hide when scrolling.
- Option to toggle-off "On this Day" alerts in the Timeline added to Settings. (Settings > Reminders > On this Day Alerts)
- "View Plain Text" added to entry share options.
- URL scheme for Activity Feed created (dayone://activity).
- Force-press added to pins in map view.
- "Export All Entries" from iOS does not retain separate journals.
- Photos can only be added to bottom of entry.
- Creating a new entry from a reminder doesn't apply a journal.
- Timeline visible in multitasking when passcode is enabled.
- "Appearance" settings was labeled as "Style"
- 3D Touch not working on Timeline for previewing entries.
- Journal picker button moving in edit mode.
- "Sync Photos Over Cellular" moved from "Advanced" to "Sync" in Settings.
2.1.1 (October 4, 2016)
- "Nearby" option added to the Places filter
- Changed entry sort order to chronological (beginning of the day to the end of the day) in the day summary view
- "Sync Now" button in Settings works
- Reduced app size through UI image optimizations
- Activity Feed: Crashes and performance improvements
- Notifications and reminders reliability
- Localization improvements
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements
2.1 (September 15, 2016)
- Activity Feed: Review recent locations, calendar events, photos, and social posts for a quick and easy way to write journal entries.
- Handoff: Continue editing an entry started on other devices. (iOS and Mac)
- Selective Sync: Choose which journals you want on your devices and free up local storage space. (All data is still stored in the cloud for re-download or use on other devices.)
- Interactive Checkboxes (Markdown)
- Additional Syntax Highlighting (Markdown blockquotes and @names)
- Clicking tags in entry view sets tag filter for Timeline
- Portrait pictures displayed side-by-side
- Simplified Calendar view
- Day One Today extension split into three separate iOS 10 widgets
- Timeline scrolling improvements
- Search index improvements
- PDF Export formatting and options
- Location selection and places
- Switched to CommonMark for Markdown rendering
- Entry metadata now scrollable
- Tag menu stores previous All Journals/Current Journals selection
- Nearby locations in the location editor sorted by distance rather than name
- iOS 10 and watchOS 3 support
- Various other performance improvements and bug fixes
2.0.10 (July 7, 2016)
- Crash when launching the app on some devices
- Crash when adding multiple photos
2.0.9 (July 5, 2016)
- Toggle for including tags in PDFs
- Larger map and new pins in the day summary view
- Text now placed above images when using the share extension in the Photos app
- Various performance improvements
- Using the 3D Touch menu items causes Day One to freeze or crash
- Previous views shown on lock screen
- Camera image doesn't change to landscape when using the camera in Day One
- Crash when rotating the app to landscape while viewing Settings > Account
- 3D Touch > Last Photo not working
- Editing locations using dropped pins reverts back to original location
- Incorrect page numbering in exported PDFs
- "On This Day" map not showing all points
- Crash when changing journal in edit mode
- Freeze when creating entries from the Calendar view
- Wrong year displayed in date-range-specified PDFs
2.0.8 (June 1, 2016)
- Crash using URL Scheme
2.0.7 (May 27, 2016)
- "On This Day"—Relive what happened on this day by using filters and notifications.
- Spotlight Search—Option to search for Day One entries using iOS' Spotlight search.
- Search Filter—See entries matching your search keywords in the Timeline.
- Tags and Places included in searches
- Single-day view—Tapping a date in the Timeline shows all entries for that day (or arrow in Calendar)
- Clicking a tag in an entry enables tag filter in the Timeline
- Updated multi-select view
- Multi-entry view when tapping on map pins
- JSON file import
- PDF Settings in Settings > Export
- Long-pressing URLs in entries opens share sheet
- "Link Twitter @names" in Settings > Appearance
- Dutch translation
- Share sheet performance improvements and crash fixes
- Incorrect count and ordering of tags in tag menu
- Camera buttons overlapping status bar
- Keyboard sometimes hiding in edit mode
- Timeline not updating after adding an entry via the share sheet
- Altitude not being included when using share sheet with Photos
- Unable to scroll when dragging the selection handle
- Truncated labels for PDF settings
- iPad: Entries unselected when changing orientation
- New entries not included in search index
- Timezone not included with some entries when using saved places
- Celsius not appearing correctly for Spanish
- iPad: Crash when using split screen mode
- Touch ID issues
- Updated translations
- Various accessibility improvements
- Various crashes and performance improvements
2.0.6 (April 26, 2016)
Various bug fixes, including:
- Reduced background usage.
- Reminder templates working consistently.
- Tags not appearing when using the share sheet or reminders.
- Crashing related to bad Exif data in photos.
- AM/PM not displaying correctly for some photos.
- Animated GIF display problems.
- Share extension improvements for photos.
- Step count and activity now set correctly for photos added via the share sheet.
- Tapping the header (#) button six times now creates a header six when using the Markdown button.
- Keyboard enhancements for iPad.
- Accessibility improvements.
- Map, location, and weather are not shown if location services is disabled for Day One.
- Foreign language text no longer shown for entries created with the Apple Watch.
- Bulleted list CSS fixes.
- Share extension bug fixes.
- Photo gallery improvements.
- Sync bug fixes.
2.0.5 (April 11, 2016)
- IFTTT Channel: https://ifttt.com/day_one
- Redesigned location editor featuring "saved places" and a streamlined experience.
- Bulk editing of entry locations using the multi-select feature.
- Bulk removal of tags from entries.
- Improved scrubber for quickly using the Timeline.
- Altitude metadata now captured.
- GIF images can now be used in entries.
- Additional Localizations: Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Finnish, Japanese, and Korean.
- Bulk tag editing improvements.
- JSON export of journals.
- iPad: Option to toggle inspirational quotes on/off (Settings > Advanced).
- iPad: Smaller margins in the read and edit views.
- Step count and weather data is updated correctly when an entry date is changed.
- Adding an emoji no longer causes a monospace font to appear in edit view.
- Map control refinements.
- Reorganized Settings (Advanced and Appearance).
- RTL improvements in edit view.
- Translation edits. (Send additional changes to email@example.com.)
- Search index refinements.
- Auto-correct suggestions are now viewable at the bottom of the edit view.
- Unused tags no longer appear in the tag menu.
- Weather is not shown for entries without a location.
- Inspirational quotes on the iPad should no longer be cut off at the top.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.0.3 (March 15, 2016)
- New: Day One is now localized in Arabic, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. More languages are coming in future updates.
- New: Today extension now includes photos and statistics.
- New: Reminders now include support for journals and creating templates.
- New: Added "Copy Markdown Link" to share sheet.
- New: Ability to rebuild search index on demand. (Go to Day One > Settings > Advanced > Search Rebuild Index)
- New: Embed Spotify widget in entries.
- New: Apple ID sign in option for Day One Sync.
- Improved: Search refinements.
- Improved: 3D Touch menu options have been sorted by frequency of use.
- Improved: Keyboard is dismissed after searching.
- Fixed: Copying and pasting text from other apps now strips formatting.
- Fixed: Protective code added to prevent content from disappearing in entries when updating metadata.
- Fixed: Crash when using 3D Touch > Last Photo.
- Fixed: Map location no longer erratically changes while editing location.
- Fixed: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.0.2 (February 17, 2016)
- New: Support for using hashtags to add tags to entries.
- Improved: Multi-select refinements.
- Improved: iPad refinements and crash fixes.
- Improved: Stats in Timeline view now show "days".
- Fixed: Passcode issues.
- Fixed: Apple Watch quick entry fixed for reminders.
- Fixed: Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
2.0.1 (February 10, 2016)
- New: Keyboard Shortcuts for iPad.
- New: Plain text export of single entries.
- New: Multiple photo support to Photo Gallery.
- New: Journal support to URL Schemes.
- New: Added copy URL and basic URL rendering for entries. (Look for "Entry URL" option under "More" in the metadata sheet.)
- New: Fahrenheit/Celsius toggle in Settings > Advanced.
- Improved: RTL language support.
- Improved: Accessibility support (lock screen and elsewhere).
- Improved: Map refinements.
- Fixed: Flickering Journal counts in journal picker when initially syncing.
- Fixed: Blank journal (no entries shown) when doing initial import from Classic.
- Fixed: Issues that could cause *perceived* journal and entry duplication within the UI. (dayone.me will show the correct journal/entry count, but the device doesn't).
- Fixed: Weather not shown if data not available.
- Fixed: Modified exif data will now be used.
2.0 (February 3, 2016)
- Multiple Photos per entry (up to ten inline photos)
- Multiple Journals (up to ten journals with unique colors and names)
- Day One Sync 2.0
- Map View
- Custom Reminders
- Entry Management (select, move, tag, and delete multiple entries at a time)
- Timeline Filters (star, tags, location, year, activity, and music)
- Timezone Support
- 3D Touch
- Local, Exportable Backups
Day One Classic (v1) Release Notes
1.17.9 (March 30, 2016)
- Fixed: Issue where photos or entries might disappear.
1.17.8 (March 11, 2016)
- Fixed: Crash related to Dropbox sync.
1.17.7 (March 2, 2016)
- Fixed: Duplicate entries caused by Dropbox syncing should be removed from your journal and put into a separate folder where your data is stored.
- Fixed: Future duplicates should not be created using Dropbox Sync.
1.17.6 (January 29, 2016)
- Fixed: iPad crash when creating a reminder.
- Fixed: iPad keyboard shortcut for switching languages.
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.17.5 (October 29, 2015)
- Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.17.4 (October 11, 2015)
- Updated Apple Watch App for watchOS 2 with simpler design, faster performance, and better dictating experience.
- 3D Touch Menu with New Entry, New Photo Entry, and Last Photo Taken (iPhone 6s/6s Plus only).
- Published entries now use standard iOS share sheet for Facebook and Twitter.
- Various iOS 9 compatibility improvements.
1.17.3 (August 23, 2015)
- Fixed: Some users of iCloud Sync were unable to move beyond the "Preparing Journal" screen.
1.17.2 (August 10, 2015)
- Fixed: Duplicate entries are no longer created when using the Apple Watch app. (If you have duplicate entries in the Timeline view, they will be automatically removed.)
- Fixed: Deleted entries can now be restored when using Dropbox sync.
- Fixed: Resolved a few issues when switching from other sync methods to Day One Sync.
- Fixed: Day One no longer crashes when using 1Password in horizontal orientation on an iPad.
- Updated: Upgraded Lato font for better international language support.
1.17.1 (June 17, 2015)
- Added support for using 1Password when logging into a Day One account.
- Fixed issue with "Last Photo Taken" option when adding a photo to an entry.
- Fixed issue where some international regions with 12-hour time wouldn't use photo metadata when setting an entry’s date/time to photo’s date/time.
- Day One Sync performance improvements.
- Other minor improvements.
1.17 (May 14, 2015)
- NEW: Day One Sync—An alternative service for syncing your Day One journal. (To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/sync)
- FIXED: Various Apple Watch bug fixes and performance improvements.
- IMPROVED: Diagnostics email includes additional information.
- NEW: Added two new fonts—"Open Sans" and "Roboto."
1.16.2 (April 19, 2015)
- Fixed: Freezing and black screen showing on iPad at app launch.
1.16.1 (April 18, 2015)
- New app icon
- Fixed: Crash with devices running iOS versions prior to 8.2.
1.16 (April 16, 2015)
New: Day One for Apple Watch—The newest addition to the Day One platform is the quickest way to capture your life.
- Location check-in
- Voice dictation
- Customizable quick-entry (including tags and activity data)
- Last photo taken
- View recent entries
- Changed PDF export to be an "AND" filter. With this change only entries containing all selected tags will be exported.
- Improved performance
1.15.2 (December 2, 2014)
- Crashes and hanging related to iCloud syncing.
- Crash when setting up Dropbox syncing with Passcode/Touch ID enabled.
- Various Passcode and Touch ID improvements.
- Black screen in Day One after tapping "Create New Entry" button in the Today Extension.
- Crash when adding photos from a shared photo album.
- Incorrect date label above photos in Today Extension.
- Crash related to share options when exporting PDFs.
1.15.1 (October 10, 2014)
» Today Extension (Widget)
- NEW: On/off toggle for options in Day One > Settings.
- NEW: “New Entry” button.
- FIXED: Performance enhancements.
» Share Extensions
- NEW: URLs appended to the end of shared Safari webpages.
- FIXED: Performance improvements.
» Touch ID
- FIXED: User interface improvements.
- FIXED: Day One missing in iOS Notifications.
» Other Changes
- NEW: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus visual improvements.
- FIXED: Photo metadata preserved when adding edited photos within Day One
- (Other bugs related to photo metadata and the share extension await fixing in a future update to iOS.)
1.15 (September 17, 2014)
» Today Extension (Widget)—Get inspired with flashbacks of past entries.
- Graphs of recent entry counts, daily word counts, photo counts
- Photo from a year(s) ago on this day (+ random photos)
» Share Extensions—Now you can easily send data to Day One without having to open the app!
- Send a photo with description to Day One from photo apps (Photos, Camera Roll, and more)
- Send text, links, and other data to Day One
» Touch ID—Unlock your journal with your fingerprint.
» iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus Support—Optimized for the new larger displays.
(Note: This release, and all future releases, will be for iOS 8 and later.)
1.14.2 (July 14, 2014)
- Fixed an issue that caused Day One to crash upon launch for some users.
- Fixed a crash on iPad when tapping off of action sheets.
1.14.1 (June 24, 2014)
- Tumblr sharing now supported in Publish.
- Train/metro icon for motion activity.
- Eliminated crash when trying to use Publish features.
- Deleted entries don't reappear in timeline when sync is disabled. (Note: There will still be some cases where deleted entries might reappear when using syncing, but this is by design to avoid accidental data loss.)
- Improved search for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other multi-byte characters.
- Fixed timeline crashes.
- Photos don't hide in landscape mode.
- Performance improvements.
- We won an Apple Design Award at the 2014 WWDC!
1.14 (April 1, 2014)
- Publish now available on iPad.
- Added ability to insert copied photos via "Paste from Clipboard" into photo entries.
- Added "Learn More" link in Publish action sheet.
- Improved deletion of entries in Timeline.
- Fixed Foursquare Place being replaced with GPS location.
- Fixed error when clicking Facebook share of a published entry.
- Fixed unresponsive Wrong Password dialog.
- Fixed error when authorizing sync via Dropbox's web client.
- Fixed bugs with deleting shares for a published entry.
- Fixed Publish authorizing via Twitter web client.
- Fixed app freezes related to "on startup" preferences.
- Modified header styles.
- Fixed various UI bugs.
1.13 (March 11, 2014)
- Introducing Publish!
- Improved app responsiveness and speed
- Updated TextExpander support
- Tap "new entry" button in read mode to create a photo or text entry
- Implemented iRate prompt (only prompts once)
- Stability improvements
- Various bug fixes
1.12 (November 13, 2013)
- New iOS 7 Design
- Automated activity data tracking for iPhone 5s
- Daily Step Counting (M7 coprocessor required)
- Speed improvements and optimizations
- Additional weather source: forecast.io
- Add currently playing music track info to entry
- Fix issues with iPhone 5s panoramas
1.11.4 (October 10, 2013)
- Fix TextExpander issues
- Fix Camera+ issues
- Fix grayscale image bug
- Updated the app icon for iOS 7
1.11.3 (September 2, 2013)
- iOS 7 Compatible
- Fix Camera+ rotation bug
- Fix issue with deleted entries reappearing on iPad
- Fix some miscellaneous iCloud bugs
- Fix rare recurring newsletter prompt issue
1.11.2 (August 15, 2013)
- Fixed photos not preserving edits made in the Photos app.
- Fixed location at times incorrectly being in the Atlantic ocean.
1.11.1 (July 20, 2013)
- Fixed crash on adding photo from library
1.11 (July 12, 2013)
- Open Locations in Google or Apple Maps
- Add / Import .md and .txt files to entries via “Open in…”
- Add image files via “Open in…”
- Use “Last Photo Taken” to quickly add a photo
- Fixed: Reminders getting removed
- Dropped support for iOS 5
1.10 (Feb 28, 2013)
PDF Export and Printing
- Custom date range
- Tag filtering
- Send PDF to iBooks, Dropbox and other apps
- Export will run in background
- Quick single entry export via Send menu
- Historical weather increased from 3 days to 30 days
- New reminder sound
- Added Sanchez font option
- Improved header and HTML styling
- Faster startup time
- Improved Dropbox sync for large journals
- Sound effects refactored and improved
- Re-organized Settings
1.9.2 (December 21, 2012)
- Stability Improvements
1.9.1 (November 22, 2012)
- Bug Fixes
1.9 (November 15, 2012)
Your historical record is now searchable in a great way!
Tags and #hashtags
Hashtags auto generate native tags on save (unless changed in Settings > Tags).
Hashtag scanner for existing hashtags in Settings > Tags
Tags may be added to existing entries via the Timeline view by swiping an entry.
MultiMarkdown footnotes support
Markdown Headers (H1, H2, H3) now with differential styling / sizes.
Auto hyphenation improvements – tabbing and tab levels.
Built-in web browser for external links (with option to disable it)
- Fix: iPhone 5 display issues
- Slowed down the annoying loader arrow blinking.
- Fix: Bug fixes, stability improvements and increased UI speed.
1.8.1 (September 19, 2012)
- iPhone 5 and iOS 6 support
- Auto-embed YouTube and Vimeo links
- Auto-link Twitter screen names
- Email photo
- Save photo to Camera Roll
- Reduced app file size
- Smartypants support (when Markdown is enabled)
- Improved Markdown support
- Foursquare crash fix
- Rotation fixes
- Markdown crash fix
- Fix for photo not loading when Location Services turned off
- Fix for extended Unicode chars in URL scheme (fixes apps like Drafts)
- Loading bar fixes
- Dropbox sync issues
- Auto-bold fix
1.8 (August 2, 2012)
- Improved iCloud and Dropbox sync speed and reliability
- Location / GPS Data with Foursquare Places
- Foursquare Checkin
- Weather Data and Temperature
- Photo Grid View
- Multiple Edit bar icons in pages available by swipe
- Markdown buttons in Edit Bar
- Word and Character count in Edit Bar
- Dropbox sync access switched to a single “App” folder
- Set entry location from Photo GPS
- Set entry Date / Time from Photo
- Swipe List item to reveal options
- Uploading / Downloading Status bar
Minor update items:
- Main Menu UI updates with Camera Button
- All Entries renamed “Timeline”
- List view time design reformat
- List view Starred items show date number in blue, no more star graphic shown
- List view Location shown below entry
- List view shows square thumbnail preview for photo
- Allow 24 Hour time in any locale
- Requires iOS 5.1 to allow improved and faster development, to make use of the iCloud improvements.
- Single photo per entry.
- Photo view, starred items are double size.
- Get location data from photo (auto applied to new photo entry from Library)
- Update enter with date / time of photo (auto prompt on photo adding)
- Default font for:Mac: Avenir 15 (10.8) / Helvetica Neue 15 (10.7)iPhone: Helvetica Neue 16iPad: Helvetica Neue 17
1.5.7 (March 15, 2012)
- iPad Retina display graphics and fixes.
1.5.5 (March 8, 2012)
- Push / Pull from Entry view to Navigate Previous / Next entry
- New Menu Screen design
- iCloud Improvements
- Font Style Options
- Bold Title shown in List View
- New App Icon
- New Sounds
- Improved 24-hour support for additional Region Formats
- Open URLs – Link directly to Day One app
1.5.3 (Jan 23, 2012)
- Fixed App Crash on 4.3.5
- Improved iCloud Speed – No longer scan for Journal directory
- Removed blank entry creation on entry delete – Auto selects previous entry
- Main Screen counts update on entry sync, creation, deletions
1.5.2 (Jan 16, 2012)
- Fixed bug that stalled load on Blank Entries
1.5.1 (Jan 11, 2012)
- Greatly Improved iCloud sync
- Enabled iCloud HUD – UI Blocker / Loader for initial load
- Bug Fix that removes All Entries from the UI
- Restore Lost Entries Button
1.5 (Jan 10, 2012)
- Custom List UI
- Read Mode Pull to Reveal Background
- Prev / Next Navigation Animation with bounce
- Auto Bold First Line Titles
1.4.2 (November 16, 2011)
- Improved Typing Speed
- Improved Interface Speed
- Updated iPad interface
1.4 (October 2011)
- iCloud sync
- Calendar View
- Full screen Edit and Read modes.
- Setting: Startup Page Choice
- Allow Japanese era calendars
- Fixed: Cell selection after back
- Fixed: Passcode entry delay
- Date Editor includes Year
- Email entry with Markdown rendered HTML
- Improved interface design
- Character and word counts
- Interface Sounds
1.3.1 (July 19, 2011)
- Fixed missing keyboard bug
1.3 (July 15, 2011)
- New Home Screen with Usage Stats (iPhone)
- Custom Font Size Settings
- Markdown / Rich Text support
- Improved Typing Speed
- Other bug fixes and improvements
- Logo animation on Passcode screen
1.2 (May 31, 2011)
- Universal application to include iPad
- Reminder system
- Updated list view design (to include day-of-week)
- Pull to refresh (Sync)
- Fixed: Passcode bug
- Universal to include iPad
- Reminders system
- Redesigned list view
- Entries By Year view
- TextExpander snippet support
- Pull down to Sync
- Several optimizations
- Bug Fix: Change date locks up scrolling.
- Bug Fix: Email Entry includes line breaks.
- Bug Fix: Passcode hack if app is Quit.
- Bug Fix: No entries Cocoa error. (when you delete the only entry)
1.1 (March 30, 2011)
- Passcode Lock
- Landscape Mode
- Tap to Edit
- Manual Sync button
1.0.1 (March 15, 2011)
- Dropbox sync improvements
1.0 (March 9, 2011)
- Initial Release
- Create, Edit, View entries
- Dropbox Sync