2.7.4 (July 3, 2018)
- Improved photo upload/download handling
- Fixed deleted journals not working as expected
Big updates coming soon!
2.7.3 (July 2, 2018)
- Fixed performance issues in Map View
- Activity Feed now remains visible behind created entry
- Minor performance improvements and bug fixes
2.7.2 (June 23, 2018)
A few minor improvements:
- Added the ability to append an email address/password to an iCloud-only Day One account
- Added an option to control your encryption key storage in iCloud Keychain (under Show Encryption Key)
- Improved image handling for moving entries
- Fixed additional journal colors applying to multi-entry views
Check out the new Facebook Group ‘Day One Community.’ It’s an amazing community of journaling fans sharing ideas and providing help to each other. Join us at:
2.7.1 (June 17, 2018)
- Added a Journal toggle to show/hide journals from 'On This Day'
- Fixed keyboard shortcuts for moving between journals
- Fixed journal scroll issue on Watch
- Encryption e2e private key saved to iCloud Keychain and CloudKit
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
2.7 (May 30, 2018)
Lots of improvements all over the app. Make sure to check out the new filter menu and the new Apple Watch complication. Next is version 3 with a new editor, and much more!
- New Filter menu design integrated with Search
- New Apple Watch Complication for Modular Large with Current visit arrival time
- New Timeline Row Swipe design for Move, Tag, Select, and More...
- Stars are now Favorites indicated with a heart icon
- Settings button on Timeline Header
- Improved Journal Sort order syncing
- Long-press on journal for edit options
- Improved Apple Watch loading screen
- Preserve “Entry Creation Device” on Export / Import
- Improved Timeline scrolling speed!
- Performance improvements and various bug fixes
2.6.4 (May 10, 2018)
- Security improvements
2.6.3 (April 17, 2018)
- 6 New Journal Colors (for Day One Premium Subscribers)
- Bug fixes and performance improvements (including a fix for the Calendar bug)
2.6.2 (March 27, 2018)
- Fixed an issue with the Optimize Device Storage setting
2.6 (March 25, 2018)
- New Journal Picker Drawer! Much faster to switch journals with swipe on Timeline
- Apple Watch App: View list of recent visits to create entries
- Apple Watch Complication (icon to quickly open Watch app)
- Redesigned search results
- Tag filter adds toggle to match All/Any tags
- Added Scrubber for Photo Timeline
- Improved swipe to dismiss entry and metadata views
- Premium users get Foursquare locations (without authentication)
- Capture additional device info in new entry metadata
- Removed UI Sounds
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
2.5.12 (February 24, 2018)
- Redesigned Share Extension
- International Shipping for Book Printing (Beta)
- Fixed glitch in pull to dismiss entry
- Additional Dynamic Font Size improvements
- Exclude photos from Smart Color Invert
- New Journals default to end-to-end encryption (if enabled)
- Activity Feed Location Notification adds Force Press to reveal recent locations
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Book Printing is working and available. We are aware of some rare issues with book generation that we will continue to improve and resolve.
2.5.11 (February 16, 2018)
- A temporary release what was paused until the release of 2.5.12
2.5.10 (January 23, 2018)
- Fixed: camera cropping
- Fixed: minor crashes and various bugs
- Reminder: Print a Day One book for 2017
2.5.9 (December 20, 2017)
We've made some significant performance improvements. Everything is faster from creating entries, syncing, timeline scrolling, and more.
- Optimize Storage - Sync image thumbnails by default, download full resolution images when the entry is opened. Great for saving local device storage.
- Dynamic Type - Timeline and Entry font responds to System Font Size.
- Day One Premium Trial - Try out Premium for free for a few days.
- Sign in with Keychain credentials.
- iPad Margins
- Copy Markdown link
- Many minor issues resolved
2.5.8 (November 6, 2017)
- iPhone X improvements
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
2.5.6 (November 2, 2017)
- Support for Face ID to unlock
- iPhone X layout improvements
- Fixed an issue with reminders and notifications not working
2.5.5 (October 28, 2017)
- Crash for some users on start-up
2.5.4 (October 24, 2017)
- iPhone X support
- Drag and drop photos onto entries in Read Mode and in the Timeline.
- Fixed the duplicate notification bug, sorry about that!
- Resolved an issue with local backups.
- TextExpander snippets update without crashing
- Reminder push notifications don't appear after the reminder is deleted
- Sync improvements (no longer downloads/uploads constantly)
- Indent button (->) in Markdown tool bar indents on blank line
- Keyboard automatically appears when searching
- Multiple tags can be selected in Timeline tag filter
2.5.3 (October 4, 2017)
- Bug fixes
- Improved drag & drop in iOS 11 (drag to arrange photos within an entry).
2.5.2 (October 1, 2017)
- Drag & drop in iOS 11, now you can drag to arrange photos within an entry.
- Various bug fixes and refinements.
2.5.1 (September 23, 2017)
- Timeline scrolling jitter
- Various bugs and performance improvements for iOS 11
2.5 (September 19, 2017)
New features and support for iOS 11:
- Drag and Drop images from Photos, Safari, and other apps
- Drag to re-order journals (in Journal switcher menu)
- Twitter and Facebook authentication (to replace system auth removed in iOS 11)
- Share Extension fixes and improvements
- Time zone improvements
- Updated Notification framework
2.4.2 (September 14, 2017)
Sync performance improvements and fixes.
2.4.1 (September 1, 2017)
Check out the new Day One Widgets!
- On This Day (Relive moments captures on the current day anniversary)
- Nearby Entries (Quickly view entries near your current location)
- Activity Feed (Recent location visits to help retroactively journal)
Fixed in this release:
- Fixed incorrect location data in the Activity Feed
- Fixed sync issues that could cause repeated uploading or downloading
- Premium users are no longer limited to adding 10 photos in the share extension
- A few tweaks for iOS 11 compatibility (more to come!)
- Setting a passcode now more reliably hides journal content
- Various crashes and bug fixes
2.4 (August 18, 2017)
- New Activity Feed Widget (Replaces Check-in Widget)
- New Nearby Entries Widget
- Redesigned "On This Day" Widget
- Redesigned Location Editor
- Camera displays photo thumbnails
- Sync: Constantly uploading and/or downloading
- Sync: Prompt for Selective Sync when enabling sync with more than 5 journals on server
- Book Printing: Bold and Italic formatting bug
- Book Printing: Orders being accidentally cancelled
- Date/Time selector improvements throughout
- Activity Feed: Speed and accuracy improvements
- Activity Feed: Facebook posts now properly show in feed
- Activity Feed: Include 1st-frame of videos
- Tags appear in alphabetical order in entry (no longer random)
- Various bugs and performance improvements
2.3.5 (July 13, 2017)
- "Shake to undo" only shown in Edit mode.
- Location history in Activity Feed now works.
- Correct count now shown for created entries in the Activity Feed.
- Changes appear in the metadata view after making edits.
- App no longer shows data being constantly downloaded.
- Photo timeline refreshes when adding new entries with photos.
- Various book printing issues.
2.3.4 (July 7, 2017)
- Facebook can now be connected in the Activity Feed.
- "On This Day" widget no longer shows random photos.
- Photo embed code is not displayed in the Timeline.
- Performance improvements
2.3 (June 28, 2017)
- Introducing Day One Premium!
2.2.2 (June 16, 2017)
- Bug fixes
2.2.1 (June 15, 2017)
- Display of square images in Entry Read View
- Encryption interface improvements
- Entry "Creation Device" only applied on new entries (not imported items)
- Bug with photos lost from in-app camera
- A couple of crashes
2.2 (June 9, 2017)
- End-to-End Encryption is now available. Go to Day One > Settings > Journals, then select specific journals to encrypt. Learn more: http://help.dayoneapp.com/day-one-sync/end-to-end-encryption-faq
- In-app Camera: It's now easier to take photos and quickly add multiple shots to entries. And always square-cropped.
- Search: Recent searches are saved in a list for future re-use.
- Metadata Pane: Entry creation device name saved.
- Show journal color change in Settings.
- State restoration: Implemented app-wide state restoration for when the app is backgrounded or force quit.
- Show "Fetch" option in metadata pane if weather isn't set.
- "On This Day" system notifications not always appearing.
- Long tag names don't wrap.
- Entries erroneously appear "starred" when swiping left/right.
- Photo in entry disappears when using 3D Touch keyboard.
- Adding photo via 3D Touch menu doesn't include location.
- Reminders disabled even if "Allow Notifications" is turned on.
- Various book printing bugs.
2.1.10 (May 26, 2017)
- Redesigned Metadata View: Simple, quick, and more readable access to your entry metadata.
- Instagram Books: Easily import and print your Instagram photos.
- Better error handling for books that have missing or low-res photos.
- Star icon appears next to date header in Read mode.
- Extraneous temp space being used on devices.
- View Plain Text (option under the Share menu) is not scrollable.
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.1.9 (April 24, 2017)
Introducing Day One Book Printing!
- Beautiful design and high-quality books, starting at just $15 for 50 pages. Easy purchase with Apple Pay.
- Go to Settings > Book Printing.
- Note: Initially available in the United States only. International users can test the book creation process.
- "Show Metadata in Read View" changed to "Show Map in Read View".
- Horizontal rule added to Markdown formatting bar.
- Extra margin and metadata bar removed in Edit mode with landscape device orientation.
- Keyboard automatically hides when scrolling through search results.
- Improvements to timeline ordering of entries.
- Adding a photo and applying photo metadata doesn't update Metadata bar or date.
- Multi-select bar hidden.
- iPad: Entries viewable on lock screen.
- Crash when using the photo picker.
- Various other crashes.
2.1.8 (March 29, 2017)
- Various crashes and performance improvements.
2.1.7 (March 27, 2017)
- The metadata bar has been redesigned for greater legibility.
- The Done and Edit buttons have been redesigned to be easier to tap.
- Action sheet menu (top right corner) added to Read mode.
- Notifications & Reminders have been consolidated and improved in Settings.
- Places filter includes complete address information with listed places.
- Line-spacing is now the same between Edit and Read modes.
- "Show Map in Read View" changed to "Show Metadata in Read View."
- Various localization improvements.
- "On This Day" Timeline and system notifications appear multiple times a day.
- Keyboard sometimes overlaps "Use photo time and location" notification.
- In Calendar view, dates with entries aren't highlighted corrected.
- Search results not updating when switching to All Journals.
- Various crashes.
2.1.6 (March 3, 2017)
- Crash when including spaces in journal names
2.1.5 (March 1, 2017)
- Improved Edit and Markdown formatting bar (Swipe the bar to see more options, including bold, italic, and more.)
- Selecting text shows formatting options (bold, italic, lists, and link)
- All locations included in the Places filter
- "Nearby Entries" notification in Timeline
- IFTTT Integrations in Day One > Settings
- Date menu options (tap date header in read mode)
- Date/Time button moved to date header in edit mode (tap to reveal date/time editor)
- Progress indicator added to backup importing
- iOS status bar no longer shown in Camera mode
- Weather service updates
- Renamed "Saved Places" to "Favorites" for locations
- Tap Calendar tab to scroll back to current day
- Updated TextExpander SDK
- Share sheet shown automatically after exporting a PDF
- Localization improvements
- Location services optimizations
- Various PDF Settings bugs
- Various crash fixes
- Tapping On This Day timeline notification causes freeze and crash
- Restoring/importing a backup fails
- Photos taken with iPhone 7 have a black line on top
- Close parenthesis missing from Markdown with Instagram post added with AF
- Timeline scrubber useable on lock screen
- Entries flashed (were refreshed) when tapping check boxes in read mode
- Crash when tapping on an entry's map
- "View On This day" from Calendar not including entries from 1 year ago
- Markdown footnotes not tappable
- Dot no longer shown by Plus tab when Activity Feed is disabled
2.1.4 (February 13, 2017)
- Tag picker performance improvements
- Improved reminder notifications for Activity Feed locations
- Localization updates
2.1.3 (January 31, 2017)
- Daily visit reminders added to Activity Feed settings
- Haptic feedback added to the tab bar and other buttons
- 3D Touch added to calendar dates with entries
- Entry edit button moved to bottom of the screen with a new icon
- Related Photos/All Photos options added to photo picker in edit mode
- "Excluded Tags" option added to Import/Export
- "On This Day" link in tag/filter menu tappable with each journal
- Crashing on startup for some iOS 9 users
- Swiping between day summaries
- Activity Feed not shown in 3D Touch menu if it is disabled
- Larger search header row for improved readability
- Lag when adding tags
- "On This Day" notifications no longer shown on the lock screen
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements
2.1.2 (January 17, 2017)
- Tab and filter bars hide when scrolling.
- Option to toggle-off "On this Day" alerts in the Timeline added to Settings. (Settings > Reminders > On this Day Alerts)
- "View Plain Text" added to entry share options.
- URL scheme for Activity Feed created (dayone://activity).
- Force-press added to pins in map view.
- "Export All Entries" from iOS does not retain separate journals.
- Photos can only be added to bottom of entry.
- Creating a new entry from a reminder doesn't apply a journal.
- Timeline visible in multitasking when passcode is enabled.
- "Appearance" settings was labeled as "Style"
- 3D Touch not working on Timeline for previewing entries.
- Journal picker button moving in edit mode.
- "Sync Photos Over Cellular" moved from "Advanced" to "Sync" in Settings.
2.1.1 (October 4, 2016)
- "Nearby" option added to the Places filter
- Changed entry sort order to chronological (beginning of the day to the end of the day) in the day summary view
- "Sync Now" button in Settings works
- Reduced app size through UI image optimizations
- Activity Feed: Crashes and performance improvements
- Notifications and reminders reliability
- Localization improvements
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements
2.1 (September 15, 2016)
- Activity Feed: Review recent locations, calendar events, photos, and social posts for a quick and easy way to write journal entries.
- Handoff: Continue editing an entry started on other devices. (iOS and Mac)
- Selective Sync: Choose which journals you want on your devices and free up local storage space. (All data is still stored in the cloud for re-download or use on other devices.)
- Interactive Checkboxes (Markdown)
- Additional Syntax Highlighting (Markdown blockquotes and @names)
- Clicking tags in entry view sets tag filter for Timeline
- Portrait pictures displayed side-by-side
- Simplified Calendar view
- Day One Today extension split into three separate iOS 10 widgets
- Timeline scrolling improvements
- Search index improvements
- PDF Export formatting and options
- Location selection and places
- Switched to CommonMark for Markdown rendering
- Entry metadata now scrollable
- Tag menu stores previous All Journals/Current Journals selection
- Nearby locations in the location editor sorted by distance rather than name
- iOS 10 and watchOS 3 support
- Various other performance improvements and bug fixes
2.0.10 (July 7, 2016)
- Crash when launching the app on some devices
- Crash when adding multiple photos
2.0.9 (July 5, 2016)
- Toggle for including tags in PDFs
- Larger map and new pins in the day summary view
- Text now placed above images when using the share extension in the Photos app
- Various performance improvements
- Using the 3D Touch menu items causes Day One to freeze or crash
- Previous views shown on lock screen
- Camera image doesn't change to landscape when using the camera in Day One
- Crash when rotating the app to landscape while viewing Settings > Account
- 3D Touch > Last Photo not working
- Editing locations using dropped pins reverts back to original location
- Incorrect page numbering in exported PDFs
- "On This Day" map not showing all points
- Crash when changing journal in edit mode
- Freeze when creating entries from the Calendar view
- Wrong year displayed in date-range-specified PDFs
2.0.8 (June 1, 2016)
- Crash using URL Scheme
2.0.7 (May 27, 2016)
- "On This Day"—Relive what happened on this day by using filters and notifications.
- Spotlight Search—Option to search for Day One entries using iOS' Spotlight search.
- Search Filter—See entries matching your search keywords in the Timeline.
- Tags and Places included in searches
- Single-day view—Tapping a date in the Timeline shows all entries for that day (or arrow in Calendar)
- Clicking a tag in an entry enables tag filter in the Timeline
- Updated multi-select view
- Multi-entry view when tapping on map pins
- JSON file import
- PDF Settings in Settings > Export
- Long-pressing URLs in entries opens share sheet
- "Link Twitter @names" in Settings > Appearance
- Dutch translation
- Share sheet performance improvements and crash fixes
- Incorrect count and ordering of tags in tag menu
- Camera buttons overlapping status bar
- Keyboard sometimes hiding in edit mode
- Timeline not updating after adding an entry via the share sheet
- Altitude not being included when using share sheet with Photos
- Unable to scroll when dragging the selection handle
- Truncated labels for PDF settings
- iPad: Entries unselected when changing orientation
- New entries not included in search index
- Timezone not included with some entries when using saved places
- Celsius not appearing correctly for Spanish
- iPad: Crash when using split screen mode
- Touch ID issues
- Updated translations
- Various accessibility improvements
- Various crashes and performance improvements
2.0.6 (April 26, 2016)
Various bug fixes, including:
- Reduced background usage.
- Reminder templates working consistently.
- Tags not appearing when using the share sheet or reminders.
- Crashing related to bad Exif data in photos.
- AM/PM not displaying correctly for some photos.
- Animated GIF display problems.
- Share extension improvements for photos.
- Step count and activity now set correctly for photos added via the share sheet.
- Tapping the header (#) button six times now creates a header six when using the Markdown button.
- Keyboard enhancements for iPad.
- Accessibility improvements.
- Map, location, and weather are not shown if location services is disabled for Day One.
- Foreign language text no longer shown for entries created with the Apple Watch.
- Bulleted list CSS fixes.
- Share extension bug fixes.
- Photo gallery improvements.
- Sync bug fixes.
2.0.5 (April 11, 2016)
- IFTTT Channel: https://ifttt.com/day_one
- Redesigned location editor featuring "saved places" and a streamlined experience.
- Bulk editing of entry locations using the multi-select feature.
- Bulk removal of tags from entries.
- Improved scrubber for quickly using the Timeline.
- Altitude metadata now captured.
- GIF images can now be used in entries.
- Additional Localizations: Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Finnish, Japanese, and Korean.
- Bulk tag editing improvements.
- JSON export of journals.
- iPad: Option to toggle inspirational quotes on/off (Settings > Advanced).
- iPad: Smaller margins in the read and edit views.
- Step count and weather data is updated correctly when an entry date is changed.
- Adding an emoji no longer causes a monospace font to appear in edit view.
- Map control refinements.
- Reorganized Settings (Advanced and Appearance).
- RTL improvements in edit view.
- Translation edits. (Send additional changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Search index refinements.
- Auto-correct suggestions are now viewable at the bottom of the edit view.
- Unused tags no longer appear in the tag menu.
- Weather is not shown for entries without a location.
- Inspirational quotes on the iPad should no longer be cut off at the top.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.0.3 (March 15, 2016)
- New: Day One is now localized in Arabic, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. More languages are coming in future updates.
- New: Today extension now includes photos and statistics.
- New: Reminders now include support for journals and creating templates.
- New: Added "Copy Markdown Link" to share sheet.
- New: Ability to rebuild search index on demand. (Go to Day One > Settings > Advanced > Search Rebuild Index)
- New: Embed Spotify widget in entries.
- New: Apple ID sign in option for Day One Sync.
- Improved: Search refinements.
- Improved: 3D Touch menu options have been sorted by frequency of use.
- Improved: Keyboard is dismissed after searching.
- Fixed: Copying and pasting text from other apps now strips formatting.
- Fixed: Protective code added to prevent content from disappearing in entries when updating metadata.
- Fixed: Crash when using 3D Touch > Last Photo.
- Fixed: Map location no longer erratically changes while editing location.
- Fixed: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.0.2 (February 17, 2016)
- New: Support for using hashtags to add tags to entries.
- Improved: Multi-select refinements.
- Improved: iPad refinements and crash fixes.
- Improved: Stats in Timeline view now show "days".
- Fixed: Passcode issues.
- Fixed: Apple Watch quick entry fixed for reminders.
- Fixed: Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
2.0.1 (February 10, 2016)
- New: Keyboard Shortcuts for iPad.
- New: Plain text export of single entries.
- New: Multiple photo support to Photo Gallery.
- New: Journal support to URL Schemes.
- New: Added copy URL and basic URL rendering for entries. (Look for "Entry URL" option under "More" in the metadata sheet.)
- New: Fahrenheit/Celsius toggle in Settings > Advanced.
- Improved: RTL language support.
- Improved: Accessibility support (lock screen and elsewhere).
- Improved: Map refinements.
- Fixed: Flickering Journal counts in journal picker when initially syncing.
- Fixed: Blank journal (no entries shown) when doing initial import from Classic.
- Fixed: Issues that could cause *perceived* journal and entry duplication within the UI. (dayone.me will show the correct journal/entry count, but the device doesn't).
- Fixed: Weather not shown if data not available.
- Fixed: Modified exif data will now be used.
2.0 (February 3, 2016)
- Multiple Photos per entry (up to ten inline photos)
- Multiple Journals (up to ten journals with unique colors and names)
- Day One Sync 2.0
- Map View
- Custom Reminders
- Entry Management (select, move, tag, and delete multiple entries at a time)
- Timeline Filters (star, tags, location, year, activity, and music)
- Timezone Support
- 3D Touch
- Local, Exportable Backups
Day One Classic (v1) Release Notes
1.17.9 (March 30, 2016)
- Fixed: Issue where photos or entries might disappear.
1.17.8 (March 11, 2016)
- Fixed: Crash related to Dropbox sync.
1.17.7 (March 2, 2016)
- Fixed: Duplicate entries caused by Dropbox syncing should be removed from your journal and put into a separate folder where your data is stored.
- Fixed: Future duplicates should not be created using Dropbox Sync.
1.17.6 (January 29, 2016)
- Fixed: iPad crash when creating a reminder.
- Fixed: iPad keyboard shortcut for switching languages.
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.17.5 (October 29, 2015)
- Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.17.4 (October 11, 2015)
- Updated Apple Watch App for watchOS 2 with simpler design, faster performance, and better dictating experience.
- 3D Touch Menu with New Entry, New Photo Entry, and Last Photo Taken (iPhone 6s/6s Plus only).
- Published entries now use standard iOS share sheet for Facebook and Twitter.
- Various iOS 9 compatibility improvements.
1.17.3 (August 23, 2015)
- Fixed: Some users of iCloud Sync were unable to move beyond the "Preparing Journal" screen.
1.17.2 (August 10, 2015)
- Fixed: Duplicate entries are no longer created when using the Apple Watch app. (If you have duplicate entries in the Timeline view, they will be automatically removed.)
- Fixed: Deleted entries can now be restored when using Dropbox sync.
- Fixed: Resolved a few issues when switching from other sync methods to Day One Sync.
- Fixed: Day One no longer crashes when using 1Password in horizontal orientation on an iPad.
- Updated: Upgraded Lato font for better international language support.
1.17.1 (June 17, 2015)
- Added support for using 1Password when logging into a Day One account.
- Fixed issue with "Last Photo Taken" option when adding a photo to an entry.
- Fixed issue where some international regions with 12-hour time wouldn't use photo metadata when setting an entry’s date/time to photo’s date/time.
- Day One Sync performance improvements.
- Other minor improvements.
1.17 (May 14, 2015)
- NEW: Day One Sync—An alternative service for syncing your Day One journal. (To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/sync)
- FIXED: Various Apple Watch bug fixes and performance improvements.
- IMPROVED: Diagnostics email includes additional information.
- NEW: Added two new fonts—"Open Sans" and "Roboto."
1.16.2 (April 19, 2015)
- Fixed: Freezing and black screen showing on iPad at app launch.
1.16.1 (April 18, 2015)
- New app icon
- Fixed: Crash with devices running iOS versions prior to 8.2.
1.16 (April 16, 2015)
New: Day One for Apple Watch—The newest addition to the Day One platform is the quickest way to capture your life.
- Location check-in
- Voice dictation
- Customizable quick-entry (including tags and activity data)
- Last photo taken
- View recent entries
- Changed PDF export to be an "AND" filter. With this change only entries containing all selected tags will be exported.
- Improved performance
1.15.2 (December 2, 2014)
- Crashes and hanging related to iCloud syncing.
- Crash when setting up Dropbox syncing with Passcode/Touch ID enabled.
- Various Passcode and Touch ID improvements.
- Black screen in Day One after tapping "Create New Entry" button in the Today Extension.
- Crash when adding photos from a shared photo album.
- Incorrect date label above photos in Today Extension.
- Crash related to share options when exporting PDFs.
1.15.1 (October 10, 2014)
» Today Extension (Widget)
- NEW: On/off toggle for options in Day One > Settings.
- NEW: “New Entry” button.
- FIXED: Performance enhancements.
» Share Extensions
- NEW: URLs appended to the end of shared Safari webpages.
- FIXED: Performance improvements.
» Touch ID
- FIXED: User interface improvements.
- FIXED: Day One missing in iOS Notifications.
» Other Changes
- NEW: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus visual improvements.
- FIXED: Photo metadata preserved when adding edited photos within Day One
- (Other bugs related to photo metadata and the share extension await fixing in a future update to iOS.)
1.15 (September 17, 2014)
» Today Extension (Widget)—Get inspired with flashbacks of past entries.
- Graphs of recent entry counts, daily word counts, photo counts
- Photo from a year(s) ago on this day (+ random photos)
» Share Extensions—Now you can easily send data to Day One without having to open the app!
- Send a photo with description to Day One from photo apps (Photos, Camera Roll, and more)
- Send text, links, and other data to Day One
» Touch ID—Unlock your journal with your fingerprint.
» iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus Support—Optimized for the new larger displays.
(Note: This release, and all future releases, will be for iOS 8 and later.)
1.14.2 (July 14, 2014)
- Fixed an issue that caused Day One to crash upon launch for some users.
- Fixed a crash on iPad when tapping off of action sheets.
1.14.1 (June 24, 2014)
- Tumblr sharing now supported in Publish.
- Train/metro icon for motion activity.
- Eliminated crash when trying to use Publish features.
- Deleted entries don't reappear in timeline when sync is disabled. (Note: There will still be some cases where deleted entries might reappear when using syncing, but this is by design to avoid accidental data loss.)
- Improved search for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other multi-byte characters.
- Fixed timeline crashes.
- Photos don't hide in landscape mode.
- Performance improvements.
- We won an Apple Design Award at the 2014 WWDC!
1.14 (April 1, 2014)
- Publish now available on iPad.
- Added ability to insert copied photos via "Paste from Clipboard" into photo entries.
- Added "Learn More" link in Publish action sheet.
- Improved deletion of entries in Timeline.
- Fixed Foursquare Place being replaced with GPS location.
- Fixed error when clicking Facebook share of a published entry.
- Fixed unresponsive Wrong Password dialog.
- Fixed error when authorizing sync via Dropbox's web client.
- Fixed bugs with deleting shares for a published entry.
- Fixed Publish authorizing via Twitter web client.
- Fixed app freezes related to "on startup" preferences.
- Modified header styles.
- Fixed various UI bugs.
1.13 (March 11, 2014)
- Introducing Publish!
- Improved app responsiveness and speed
- Updated TextExpander support
- Tap "new entry" button in read mode to create a photo or text entry
- Implemented iRate prompt (only prompts once)
- Stability improvements
- Various bug fixes
1.12 (November 13, 2013)
- New iOS 7 Design
- Automated activity data tracking for iPhone 5s
- Daily Step Counting (M7 coprocessor required)
- Speed improvements and optimizations
- Additional weather source: forecast.io
- Add currently playing music track info to entry
- Fix issues with iPhone 5s panoramas
1.11.4 (October 10, 2013)
- Fix TextExpander issues
- Fix Camera+ issues
- Fix grayscale image bug
- Updated the app icon for iOS 7
1.11.3 (September 2, 2013)
- iOS 7 Compatible
- Fix Camera+ rotation bug
- Fix issue with deleted entries reappearing on iPad
- Fix some miscellaneous iCloud bugs
- Fix rare recurring newsletter prompt issue
1.11.2 (August 15, 2013)
- Fixed photos not preserving edits made in the Photos app.
- Fixed location at times incorrectly being in the Atlantic ocean.
1.11.1 (July 20, 2013)
- Fixed crash on adding photo from library
1.11 (July 12, 2013)
- Open Locations in Google or Apple Maps
- Add / Import .md and .txt files to entries via “Open in…”
- Add image files via “Open in…”
- Use “Last Photo Taken” to quickly add a photo
- Fixed: Reminders getting removed
- Dropped support for iOS 5
1.10 (Feb 28, 2013)
PDF Export and Printing
- Custom date range
- Tag filtering
- Send PDF to iBooks, Dropbox and other apps
- Export will run in background
- Quick single entry export via Send menu
- Historical weather increased from 3 days to 30 days
- New reminder sound
- Added Sanchez font option
- Improved header and HTML styling
- Faster startup time
- Improved Dropbox sync for large journals
- Sound effects refactored and improved
- Re-organized Settings
1.9.2 (December 21, 2012)
- Stability Improvements
1.9.1 (November 22, 2012)
- Bug Fixes
1.9 (November 15, 2012)
Your historical record is now searchable in a great way!
Tags and #hashtags
Hashtags auto generate native tags on save (unless changed in Settings > Tags).
Hashtag scanner for existing hashtags in Settings > Tags
Tags may be added to existing entries via the Timeline view by swiping an entry.
MultiMarkdown footnotes support
Markdown Headers (H1, H2, H3) now with differential styling / sizes.
Auto hyphenation improvements – tabbing and tab levels.
Built-in web browser for external links (with option to disable it)
- Fix: iPhone 5 display issues
- Slowed down the annoying loader arrow blinking.
- Fix: Bug fixes, stability improvements and increased UI speed.
1.8.1 (September 19, 2012)
- iPhone 5 and iOS 6 support
- Auto-embed YouTube and Vimeo links
- Auto-link Twitter screen names
- Email photo
- Save photo to Camera Roll
- Reduced app file size
- Smartypants support (when Markdown is enabled)
- Improved Markdown support
- Foursquare crash fix
- Rotation fixes
- Markdown crash fix
- Fix for photo not loading when Location Services turned off
- Fix for extended Unicode chars in URL scheme (fixes apps like Drafts)
- Loading bar fixes
- Dropbox sync issues
- Auto-bold fix
1.8 (August 2, 2012)
- Improved iCloud and Dropbox sync speed and reliability
- Location / GPS Data with Foursquare Places
- Foursquare Checkin
- Weather Data and Temperature
- Photo Grid View
- Multiple Edit bar icons in pages available by swipe
- Markdown buttons in Edit Bar
- Word and Character count in Edit Bar
- Dropbox sync access switched to a single “App” folder
- Set entry location from Photo GPS
- Set entry Date / Time from Photo
- Swipe List item to reveal options
- Uploading / Downloading Status bar
Minor update items:
- Main Menu UI updates with Camera Button
- All Entries renamed “Timeline”
- List view time design reformat
- List view Starred items show date number in blue, no more star graphic shown
- List view Location shown below entry
- List view shows square thumbnail preview for photo
- Allow 24 Hour time in any locale
- Requires iOS 5.1 to allow improved and faster development, to make use of the iCloud improvements.
- Single photo per entry.
- Photo view, starred items are double size.
- Get location data from photo (auto applied to new photo entry from Library)
- Update enter with date / time of photo (auto prompt on photo adding)
- Default font for:Mac: Avenir 15 (10.8) / Helvetica Neue 15 (10.7)iPhone: Helvetica Neue 16iPad: Helvetica Neue 17
1.5.7 (March 15, 2012)
- iPad Retina display graphics and fixes.
1.5.5 (March 8, 2012)
- Push / Pull from Entry view to Navigate Previous / Next entry
- New Menu Screen design
- iCloud Improvements
- Font Style Options
- Bold Title shown in List View
- New App Icon
- New Sounds
- Improved 24-hour support for additional Region Formats
- Open URLs – Link directly to Day One app
1.5.3 (Jan 23, 2012)
- Fixed App Crash on 4.3.5
- Improved iCloud Speed – No longer scan for Journal directory
- Removed blank entry creation on entry delete – Auto selects previous entry
- Main Screen counts update on entry sync, creation, deletions
1.5.2 (Jan 16, 2012)
- Fixed bug that stalled load on Blank Entries
1.5.1 (Jan 11, 2012)
- Greatly Improved iCloud sync
- Enabled iCloud HUD – UI Blocker / Loader for initial load
- Bug Fix that removes All Entries from the UI
- Restore Lost Entries Button
1.5 (Jan 10, 2012)
- Custom List UI
- Read Mode Pull to Reveal Background
- Prev / Next Navigation Animation with bounce
- Auto Bold First Line Titles
1.4.2 (November 16, 2011)
- Improved Typing Speed
- Improved Interface Speed
- Updated iPad interface
1.4 (October 2011)
- iCloud sync
- Calendar View
- Full screen Edit and Read modes.
- Setting: Startup Page Choice
- Allow Japanese era calendars
- Fixed: Cell selection after back
- Fixed: Passcode entry delay
- Date Editor includes Year
- Email entry with Markdown rendered HTML
- Improved interface design
- Character and word counts
- Interface Sounds
1.3.1 (July 19, 2011)
- Fixed missing keyboard bug
1.3 (July 15, 2011)
- New Home Screen with Usage Stats (iPhone)
- Custom Font Size Settings
- Markdown / Rich Text support
- Improved Typing Speed
- Other bug fixes and improvements
- Logo animation on Passcode screen
1.2 (May 31, 2011)
- Universal application to include iPad
- Reminder system
- Updated list view design (to include day-of-week)
- Pull to refresh (Sync)
- Fixed: Passcode bug
- Universal to include iPad
- Reminders system
- Redesigned list view
- Entries By Year view
- TextExpander snippet support
- Pull down to Sync
- Several optimizations
- Bug Fix: Change date locks up scrolling.
- Bug Fix: Email Entry includes line breaks.
- Bug Fix: Passcode hack if app is Quit.
- Bug Fix: No entries Cocoa error. (when you delete the only entry)
1.1 (March 30, 2011)
- Passcode Lock
- Landscape Mode
- Tap to Edit
- Manual Sync button
1.0.1 (March 15, 2011)
- Dropbox sync improvements
1.0 (March 9, 2011)
- Initial Release
- Create, Edit, View entries
- Dropbox Sync