2.5.7 (January 8, 2018)
- Fixed problems opening Day One on macOS 10.11
- Improved performance while syncing
2.5.5 (December 19, 2017)
- Major performance and sync improvements!
- Bug fixes
- Premium trial (go to Day One > Preferences > Sync)
2.5.4 (November 13, 2017)
- Fixed a delay in applying Premium subscriptions to your other devices
- Improved handling of pasted content from certain other apps.
2.5 (September 27, 2017)
- Support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
2.4.1 (September 15, 2017)
- Sync performance improvements and fixes.
2.4 (August 29, 2017)
- Text immediately following a photo was sometimes not editable
- Weather icons now correctly appear in various places throughout the app
- Users who have not used the app since 2.0.0 no longer experience an error
- Resolved an issue that could cause entries to lose location data when another entry was deleted
- Sync: Fixed frequent uploading/downloading some users were experiencing
2.3.5 (July 17, 2017)
- Disk usage during large sync operations is now greatly reduced
- App no longer shows data being constantly downloaded in rare cases
2.3.4 (July 7, 2017)
- CLI issues with more than 10 photos and negative lat/long values
- Multi-select issue with losing Timeline focus
- Performance improvements
2.3 (June 28, 2017)
- Introducing Day One Premium!
2.2.2 (June 16, 2017)
- Various bug fixes
2.2.1 (June 14, 2017)
- Various fixes and improvements to the end-to-end encryption user interface.
2.2 (June 9, 2017)
- End-to-End Encryption is now available. Go to Day One > Settings > Journals, then select specific journals to encrypt. Learn more: http://help.dayoneapp.com/day-one-sync/end-to-end-encryption-faq
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.1.9 (May 3, 2017)
- Asian language typing improvements
- Sync improvements
- Crash when using new photo timeline drag-n-drop functionality in macOS 10.11
2.1.8 (April 24, 2017)
- Drag-and-drop photos functionality for entries and Timeline in read mode.
- .txt, .text, and .md files can be dragged on Day One's Dock icon for importing.
- Calendar View: Tapping Calendar button again auto scrolls back to current date; clicking a date splits the view to display entries; use arrow keys to navigate the calendar.
- CMD-click to select multiple journals.
- Better timezone support.
- Long journal names truncated as needed.
- Faster display of results when searching for locations.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Multi-select view limited to 2 columns.
- Can't right-click on Journal Name.
- Timeline and Photos options in View menu are greyed-out.
- CMD-2 keyboard shortcut doesn’t work if the right pane has focus.
- Rendering problems of text in the Timeline.
- Changing an entry's journal switches the Timeline's selected journal
- Editing location doesn't update entry map until entry is re-opened
- Multi-select grid view: Broken CSS and clicking entries don't open entries
- Menu Bar Agent > "Open Journal" doesn't open closed window
- Deleting an entry scrolls the Timeline to top
- Sorting options don't work in Calendar view. (They are now greyed out to indicate they are disabled.)
- Clicking checkbox causes entry to scroll to the top.
- Sorting changing to 'Oldest First.'
- Added padding to left pane so last item is scrollable and visible with smaller window sizes.
- Quick entry goes off-screen sometimes.
- Various crashes.
2.1.7 (February 14, 2017)
- Crash when closing a main window on a Touch Bar MacBook Pro
- Crash when exporting a PDF
- Various other crash and bug fixes
2.1.6 (February 8, 2017)
- Inverted text (macOS 10.11 only)
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
2.1.5 (February 7, 2017)
- Crash on launch (macOS 10.11 only)
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
2.1.4 (February 6, 2017)
- CMD-Delete clears the search contents in search field.
- Twitter @names link to Twitter accounts.
- Arrow keys not working with the Timeline.
- MacBook Pro w/Touch Bar: Timeline scrolls to bottom the switching journals.
- Copy Entry URL not working in contextual menus.
- JSON Import not importing entries into separate journals.
- Entry not saved when editing entry in a New Window.
- Lato not used in Read mode.
- Editing multiple entries' locations doesn't work.
- CMD-E doesn't work for going into Edit mode.
- CMD-Shift-J doesn't work for moving multiple selected entries.
- Various crashes and other bug fixes
2.1.3 (November 17, 2016)
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.1.2 (November 14, 2016)
- Touch Bar support for new MacBook Pros.
- Improved Command Line Interface (CLI): Support for multiple photos, multiple journals, and lots more. For details, see: http://dayoneapp.com/support/CLI
- Option-Arrow didn't move cursor between paragraphs.
- Markdown footnotes didn't work properly.
- Some images in entries showed CSS code.
- Timeline didn't render line breaks after headers.
2.1.1 (October 3, 2016)
- Placeholder images in Read Mode show CSS Code
- Text insertion point outside of markdown when using CMD-B/CMD-I
- Date picker sometimes disappears when being used
- Slow performance when switching journals
- Sync and localization improvements
2.1 (September 15, 2016)
- Handoff: Continue editing an entry started on other devices. (iOS and Mac)
- Selective Sync: Choose which journals you want on your devices and free up local storage space. (All data is still stored in the cloud for re-download or use on other devices.)
- Interactive Checkboxes (Markdown)
- Additional Syntax Highlighting (Markdown blockquotes and @names)
- Clicking tags in entry view sets tag filter for Timeline
- Journals menu added to menu bar
- Portrait pictures displayed side-by-side
- PDF Export formatting and options
- Location selection and places
- Switched to CommonMark for Markdown rendering
- Various other performance improvements and bug fixes
2.0.9 (July 12, 2016)
- Markdown Syntax highlighting in Edit mode
- Contextual menu items added to Day One Dock icon
- Keyboard shortcuts (Command+J = Journal Picker, Shift+Command+J = Entry Journal Editor, Option+Command+J = Toggle Journal Sidebar)
- Users prompted when changing metadata (tags, etc.) for multiple selected entries
- GIFs preserved using JSON export
- Entries deselected when changing from specific journal to "All Entries"
- Single/dual pane window improvements
2.0.7 (May 26, 2016)
- Search Filter—See only entries matching your search keywords in the Timeline.
- Search includes tags and places
- "On This Day" Filter—See all entries written on this day.
- Tags and journals in URL Scheme
- Any/All options in tag filter
- Clicking a tag in an entry enables tag filter in the Timeline
- Templates in Reminders
- Anonymous Pro font (previously only included with iOS)
- PDF Preview crash
- Weather no longer displayed if location is removed
- File menus disabled when app is locked
- Timezone not included with some locations
- Incorrect count displayed in search results for saved places
- Journal Pane not opening
- New tags not appearing in tag menu
- Multiple windows opening on startup
- Preferences window width increased to support localizations
- Contextual menu refinements
- Location editor improvements
- Typing performance improvements
- Various crashes and performance improvements
2.0.6 (April 25, 2016)
- Location Editor—The location editor has been streamlined and now supports Saved Places (favorite locations).
- Multi-select Card View—Selecting multiple entries in Timeline or Map view now displays entries in a grid when using dual pane mode.
- JSON Imports—Day One JSON exports can be imported.
- Places Filter—Entries in the Timeline can be filtered by Saved Places.
- Preferences—Create Tags from Hashtags, Fahrenheit/Celsius, and Show Step Counts options have been added to Preferences.
- Contextual Menu Items—Export, Open With, and Print options are available when control/right-clicking journals.
- More language localizations—Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Finnish, Japanese, and Korean.
- CLI and Auto-Import now works correctly.
- Columns now maintain correct sizing on window close/reopen.
- Clicking a map location node auto-selects entries.
- Line-spacing issue when pasting text in edit mode.
- Step counts now appear correctly in entries and the Timeline.
- CMD + J now works with the journal picker in edit mode.
- Erroneous miles and step counts no longer displayed.
- Crash when importing photos with invalid lat/long coordinates.
- Crash when right-clicking (control-clicking) a highlighted word.
- Journals now export PDFs correctly.
- Copy Entry URL now supports pasting into other apps.
- Accessibility improvements.
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
2.0.4 (March 23, 2016)
- Fixed: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.0.3 (March 18, 2016)
- Updated map with new look and better performance
- Added HTML & JSON export options
- Updated plain text export to better support multiple photos
- Updated PDF export formatting
- Improved support for right-to-left languages
- Added "Lato Light" font option
- Added support for links between entries.
- Added AppleID sign in option for new users
- Added support for embedding Spotify links
- Greatly improved initial photo sync speed
- Navigation bar buttons are no longer hidden on OS X Yosemite. (For real this time!)
- Fixed the app sometimes getting stuck when dragging in images from other apps
- Fixed some issues with incorrect time zones
- Improved accessibility
- Resolved a number of crashes
2.0.1 (February 16, 2016)
- New: RTL support in read and edit views and PDFs. (Proper and complete RTL is coming soon!)
- Fixed: Menu bar quick entry now uses the time that you hit save, not the time that it opened.
- Fixed: Timeline/photos/map/calendar buttons missing for Yosemite users.
- Fixed: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
2.0 (February 3, 2016)
- All-new user interface
- Multiple Photos per entry (up to ten inline photos)
- Multiple Journals (up to ten journals with unique colors and names)
- Day One Sync 2.0
- Photo View
- Custom Reminders
- Entry Management (select, move, tag, and delete multiple entries at a time)
- Timeline Filters (star, tags, location, year, activity, and music)
- Timezone Support
- Multiple Window support
- Single and Dual Pane Modes
- Redesigned PDF export
- Gesture support
Day One Classic (v1) Release Notes
1.10.5 (March 21, 2016)
- Fixed: Issue where photos might temporarily disappear from entries.
1.10.4 (March 14, 2016)
- Fixes for duplicate detection.
1.10.3 (February 3, 2016)
- Changed name to "Day One Classic" in preparation for the Day One (2.0) release.
- Modified fullscreen mode.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.10.2 (November 10, 2015)
- Improved: Split-screen support.
- FIXED: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
1.10.1 (June 12, 2015)
- FIXED: Text rendering in Read view.
- FIXED: Day One Sync performance improvements.
- FIXED: Other minor improvements.
1.10 (May 14, 2015)
- NEW: Day One Sync—An alternative service for syncing your Day One journal. (To learn more, visit: http://dayoneapp.com/sync)
- NEW: OS X Photos app support.
- NEW: Mac OS X Share Extensions—Create entries using the OS X system share menu. (To learn more, visit: http://dayoneapp.com/blog)
- NEW: Added white menu bar icon to support dark menu mode.
- NEW: Added two new fonts—"Open Sans" and "Roboto."
- NEW: Added Diagnostics tab to Preferences for troubleshooting issues.
- FIXED: Improved import functionality.
1.9.6 (July 28, 2014)
- Fixed an issue that caused Day One to crash upon launch for some users.
1.9.5 (July 8, 2014)
- Fixed crash related to tags in entries introduced in 1.9.4.
- Fixed issue with multi-byte search.
- Fixed OS X Mission Control visual issue.
- Fixed issue where Tags popover could still be visible after editing an entry.
- Fixed "On Startup: Open Last View" option to support the Maps view.
1.9.4 (May 20, 2014)
- Greatly improved search for multi-byte characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Emoji, etc.).
- Tags are now included in Momento text entry imports.
- Most recent entry location is shown by default in Map view.
- Header styles are more consistent between Mac and iOS.
- Markdown footnotes link properly.
- Day One icon no longer appears in Mac OS X Mission Control when Main Window is closed.
- Menu Bar Quick Entry icon is only shown when enabled in Day One Preferences.
- Improved rendering of Chinese character dates.
- PDFs can again be used as entry photos. (Only the first page of multi-page PDFs is used.)
- Improved accessibility support. (More improvements will come in future releases.)
- MacJournal import fixes.
- Mac OS X 10.7: Fixed issue with loading spinner.
- Various visual issues and crashes were fixed.
1.9.3 (February 27, 2014)
Numerous performance improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Improved timeline performance with smoother scrolling and better CPU usage.
- Changed the Main Window behavior so it doesn't automatically open when Day One is made active (e.g., when using Spaces or when another app quits).
- Backup folder is not moved when upgrading from version 1.5.5 or earlier.
- Increased default number of backups.
- Improved performance and reliability of journal backups.
- Updated header styles.
- Fixed erratically refreshing entry count in timeline view.
- Fixed tags menu so that focus defaults to the empty tags field rather than the first item in the list.
- Removed rendering artifacts in read mode.
- Fixed various common crashes.
1.9.2 (January 20, 2014)
- Fixes crashes on Lion and Mountain Lion that were introduced in 1.9.1.
1.9.1 (January 17, 2014)
- Menu Bar entries now include location and weather
- Star Toggle added to Day and Timeline View
- Step count and motion activity icons displayed with entries
- Drag Photos out of entries and have entry date as filename
- Double-clicking dots in Maps view will zoom to that location
- CMD + T keyboard shortcut for toggling tags on/off and CMD-L for toggling the location menu
- Sorting menu in the Calendar view
- Repair location button added to Map view list of entries
- Spacebar to open photos in quick view
- Blank entries collapsed in timeline view
- Option to disable analytics
- Support for ocean and lake names in entry locations
- Speed improvements
- Removed additional alerts about location services.
- Higher res images with Drag and drop from Lightroom.
- Spacebar keyboard shortcut works when clicking text in read mode.
- Addresses now changeable by moving the pin.
- Arrow navigation fixed in read mode.
- Video embeds are now rendered in 1.9.
- "New Day One Entry With Selection" in Services Menu fixed.
- Various crashes fixed.
1.9 (October 22, 2013)
EXCLUSIVE Features for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Map View — Browse entries by location
- Location Editor — Add and edit entry locations with Apple Maps and Foursquare Places data
- Timeline Filters — Dynamically filter entries by tags, starred status, and years
- Timeline Headers — View month and year
- Take Pictures — Use computer camera or external webcam
- Filter-based Exports — Formats include PDF, Markdown, and plain text
- Menus — Image selection, tag, and delete entry menus
- Inspirational Inserts — Add inspirational messages and questions to your entries. 100′s of new questions and messages added.
- Keyboard Shortcuts — CMD-E/CMD-Enter for edit mode, arrow keys for entry and day navigation, and more
- Open PDF — Quickly view PDFs of single entries, days, or timeline
- Weather Data — Include detailed weather information for entries
- Search Menu — Easy popover menu and CMD-F shortcut
- Navigation Icons — Refreshed icons for app navigation
- Tagging Interface — Improved tag menu
- Speed Improvements — Faster timeline view, scrolling, loading and saving
- Printed page numbers
- Sort order in calendar view
- Resized fullscreen views
- Overall performance and stability
1.8 (July 9, 2013)
- PDF Export
- Add Current Location (Maps, Foursquare, Custom locations coming soon)
- Use Photo Date / Time when adding to entry
- Use Photo Location
- Drag Photo to App Icon to create new Photo Entry
- Increased Photo Resolution to 2100 pixels
- Retain Photo Exif data inside image file
- Hashtag Autocompletion
- Open in Marked App
- Default to show “All” entries in Timeline
- Show Backups in Finder Button
- Auto-Hyphenation with indentations
- Increased Backup Limit
- Convert All Hashtags Button (Advanced Settings)
- Support unicode input in URL handler
1.7.3 (April 11, 2013)
- Header CSS Updates
- Bug Fixes
1.7.2 (September 25, 2012)
- Calendar view now uses the system’s first day of week setting
- Redesigned Dropbox setup
- Auto-embed YouTube links
- Auto-link Twitter screenames
- Improved layout support for embedded images and videos
- Smartypants support (when Markdown is enabled)
- Integrated crash reporting
- Additional Markdown support:StrikethroughAutolinkLax HTML blocksSuperscriptFenced codeSpace headersTables
- Fix for Avenir Heavy font issue
- Fix duplicate Notification Center reminders
- Fixes for Momento and MacJournal imports
- Fix cursor moving to end of text when app becomes active
- Fix text button hover state
- Update licenses in Legal window
- Retina graphics in About window
- Fixes for Calendar view not showing some days
- Remove Helvetica Neue Light style (was causing unresolvable issues)
1.7 (August 2, 2012)
- Retina Ready
- Mountain Lion Compatible
- New Font Styles
- Improved Dropbox Sync
- Improved iCloud Sync
- Sandbox Compliant
- Full Screen (improvements)
- Sharing (OS X 10.8)
- Notification Center (OS X 10.8)
- Improved Markdown (Auto single line returns, auto hyphenated lists)
- Various Bug Fixes
1.5.5 (February 19, 2012)
- iCloud Improvements (fixed sync stall in 10.7.3)
- Import (from MacJournal and Momento)
- Sort order toggle for Days and Calendar view
- Days view shows Auto Bold titles
- Fixed ironic ‘grammar’ typo
- Auto save and sync time reduced
1.5 (January 11, 2012)
- Auto Save
- Auto Backup
- Markdown / MultiMarkdown (in Read and Edit Modes)
- Lion Full Screen mode
- Back-end Scructure to enable Photos (coming soon)Entries as Packages (optional)
- Font Size preference
- Edit and Read Styles (Sans, Serif, Monospaced)
- Auto Bold First Lines (Titles)
- UI Transitions
- Improved Day / Read layouts
- Entry preview on hover (Days View)
- Live sync UI updates
- Command S to Save
- Improved Export Format (with Markdown)
- Improved Dropbox sync
- On Startup Preference
- Journal Merging
- Settings cog on Main Menu
- Spelling and Grammar Preferences
1.2 (August 1, 2011)
- Password Protection
- Calendar View
- OS X Lion Compatibility
- Export to text file
- 24-Hour & System Date / Time Support
- Custom Scrollbars (10.6)
- Additional inspirational quotes
- Several improvements
1.1 (April 12, 2011)
- Feature: Search (live, multiple string, well optimized)
- Feature: Global hot-key to open quick entry (⇧⌘D)
- Enhancement: Read View design update
- Enhancement: Read View chronologically sorted by timestamp
- Enhancement: Read View edit buttons shows on hover
- Added contextual menu to listings with: View, Edit, Show in Finder
- Bug Fix: Year drop-down incorrect in some languages
- Inspirational Quotes: better vertical alignment
- Reminder slider now shows exact value on drag
- Help in Menu Bar now links to dayoneapp.com Help Page
- Entry will auto save upon application quit
- Command line import function?
- Entries are auto saved on Application Quit.
1.0 (March 9, 2011)
- Initial release for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Optimized for Mac App Store