There are several ways to start a new entry in the mobile (iOS) app:
- Tap the "plus" icon at the top of the Timeline.
- Tap the "camera" icon at the top of the Timeline to begin an entry with a photo.
- In Timeline view, tap the "plus" icon at the bottom center to create a new entry, new entry with photo, or access the Activity Feed.
- When you are in Calendar view, select the date for which you want to create a new entry, then tap “Create New Entry”.
- Use 3D Touch on the Day One app icon
- Tap and hold on a location in the Map view to create a new entry at a specific location
Creating entries in version 3.0
The Timeline view has been slightly redesigned.
- Tap the Camera icon to open the photo picker/camera option to start an entry with a photo.
- Tap the Microphone to begin recording an audio entry.
- Tap the Paper/Pencil icon to create a blank entry. Audio and photos can be added later in a blank entry
- Tap and hold on the + icon at the bottom of the screen to access additional options, including Activity Feed.