Our top priority is protecting your data. Sometimes users have experienced data loss.
First, please identify which version of Day One you are using.
- iOS: go to Day One > Settings > About
- Mac: click Day One > About Day One (in the file menu)
Second, what sync method have you been using in Day One?
Once those have been identified, please search this guide to find potential solutions.
Day One Classic (version 1.x)
Please try these two articles (in order):
- iOS 9+ and iCloud Drive: Missing journal after upgrading iOS
- Recovering Entries after iCloud Data Loss
Dropbox officially retired API v1 as of September 28, 2017. This stops Day One Classic (version 1) from being able to sync with Dropbox.
If you have a Mac, please follow these steps:
- Download Day One 2.0 on your Mac.
- Add the app to your dock.
- Open Dropbox > Apps > Day One > Journal.dayone
- Copy that file to the desktop.
- Drag that file onto the Day One icon in the dock and your data will import.
Day One Sync
Day One 2.0
Day One Sync
Our best backup method in 2.0 is Day One Sync. If you are using Day One Sync, please sign in to the server dashboard. Do you see the expected entry count there? If not, please see the options below.
Here is the article for restoring from a local backup. Please follow these steps carefully. If you have questions on any of the steps, please contact support.
iCloud/iTunes device backups
The final option is to use iCloud or iTunes device backups. Please see this article: