This is not a comprehensive list of known issues in Day One, but some of the common issues. If you have something to report, please contact support.
Day One Sync
Please see our Day One Sync Status page.
Day One for macOS
Crash on launch (macOS 10.11)
- Status: Resolved in versions 2.6.1 and later. Please update in the Mac App Store.
- Note: Several improvements have been made in macOS High Sierra 10.13 and this crash is not happening in Day One while running macOS High Sierra 10.13. Please consider upgrading as soon as possible. https://support.apple.com/macos/high-sierra
Momento import not working: "Unable to import file - the file did not contain a date for the entry."
- Status: We have logged this as an issue but we do not have an ETA for a fix.
- Workaround: Manually adjust the Momento export file to have the date in this format preceding each entry: "Date: June 24, 2016 at 10:59:06 AM MDT"
Day One for iOS
Adding photos causing app to crash
- Status: This should be resolved in our latest updates.
Multiple issues in book printing
- PDF preview not loading
- Error while checking out
- Crash while checking out with multiple books
- Status: These have been reported and the team is investigating them. Book Printing is designated as a beta feature right now while we continue to improve this feature.
- Workaround: Try removing the books and trying to create them again or recreating them on another iOS device.
Day One for Android
Duplicates appear when creating entries
- Status: This has been reported and under investigation.
Day One Classic (Version 1.0) [Obsolete]
There are several known issues with Day One Classic (version 1) when using the latest OS versions (iOS 11 & macOS 10.13 or later). Day One Classic is no longer supported. We strongly encourage you to upgrade using these instructions: Upgrading from Day One Classic. Please see this guide: Day One Classic is retired.
If you're interested in feature requests, see Day One Feature Requests.