To reset Day One Mac 2.0’s password, do the following:
- Open Keychain Access.
- Search for Day One App Locking Password.
- Control click Day One App Locking Password to reveal a contextual menu.
- Select Delete “Day One App Locking Password”.
- Return to Day One to open it without your previously-set password.
Keychain Access can be found by searching Spotlight or going to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- The easiest solution is to try and remember, maybe spend a while guessing possibly combinations.
- If you have Touch ID/Face ID or an Android fingerprint enabled for Day One but can't remember the passcode, here are the steps to remove the passcode:
- Go to Day One > Settings > Passcode + Biometrics
- Turn off the Passcode.
- When the numberpad comes up, tap the Touch ID/Face ID icon in the bottom left corner.
- Enter your fingerprint or use Face ID. Your passcode will now be reset.
- The last solution only works if you are certain that your data has been synced to Day One Sync. Verify by signing in to http://dayone.me/user/login. If that’s the case, you can delete the app from the device and re-install it. Then re-sync your data from the previous sync method.