To resolve this error, follow the steps below. Please note: if you are signed out of Day One Sync on all devices, this will not affect your data stored on each device.
- Go to dayone.me/user/login, then click Authenticate with Apple ID (see screen shot below).
- Sign in using your Apple ID email address and password. (Note: This uses an official Apple-provided-and-secured web service.)
- Click Account, then click Delete Account.
- To confirm this choice, click the Authenticate with Apple ID then sign in again.
- Click Delete My Day One Account.
- Go to dayone.me, and sign in using your original Day One account email address and password.
- Click Account, then click Link Apple ID.
- Sign in using your Apple ID email address and password.
After completing the above steps, your Apple ID is now linked with your account.
Did this answer your question?