Sometimes it is useful for troubleshooting and fixing bugs to have a video capture of issues you're experiencing. There are instructions for iOS, macOS, and Android below.
After the screen recording is captured, it can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with "ATTN: Support Rep's Name" in the subject line.
Screen shots: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200289
Screen recording: In iOS 11 and higher, there is a built-in screen recording feature. Please see this guide from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935
Please see this help guide from Apple: How to record the screen on your Mac - Apple Support
Android does not have screen recording capabilities built-in, but there are some third-party apps that we recommend:
- DU Recorder: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duapps.recorder
- AZ Screen Recorder: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free
iOS 10 or earlier
- Plug in your iPhone to your Mac.
- Open QuickTime.
- Go to File > New Movie Recording.
- Click the down arrow next to circular record button and select your iPhone under the Camera heading as your video source (see screen shot below). You should see your iPhone screen appear on your computer.
- Click the record button (round red button), then reproduce the issue you're experiencing.
- Click the stop button (in the same place as the record button but with a square in the center).
- Go to File > Save... and save the video file.
- Share the video via Dropbox or YouTube and send us the link via Day One > Settings > Support > Contact Support.