This is not a comprehensive list of known issues in Day One, but some of the common issues. If you have something to report, please contact support.
Day One Sync
Please see our Day One Sync Status page.
Day One for macOS
CLI options not functional (like -j or -p, etc.)
- Status: Reported to the engineering team for investigation
Momento import not working: "Unable to import file - the file did not contain a date for the entry."
- Status: We have logged this as an issue but we do not have an ETA for a fix.
- Workaround: Manually adjust the Momento export file to have the date in this format preceding each entry: "Date: June 24, 2016 at 10:59:06 AM MDT"
Day One for iOS
Multiple issues in book printing
- PDF preview not loading
- Server/payment error while checking out
- Crash while checking out with multiple books
- Status: These have been reported and the team is investigating them.
- Workaround: Try removing the books and trying to create them again or recreating them on another iOS device. This may require multiple attempts. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
Day One for Android
We are no longer maintaining the current Android app, while we are exploring ways to re-build the Android app from the ground up to be fully compatible with the other Day One apps.
Cannot edit certain entries.
- Status: This is currently by design. Any entries created or edited in version 2.8 (or later) on macOS or 3.0 (or later) on iOS will not be editable on Android at this time. We built an all-new editor for Day One on iOS and macOS and it has not been added to Android at this time. To prevent data loss when editing entries, this has been locked on Android.
- Workaround: Users can still create and view entries on Android. Once the entry is edited on iOS or macOS, it will no longer be editable on Android until the new editor is available there. We do not have an ETA yet.
Day One Classic (Version 1.0) [Obsolete]
There are several known issues with Day One Classic (version 1) when using the latest OS versions (iOS 11 & macOS 10.13 or later). Day One Classic is no longer supported. We strongly encourage you to upgrade using these instructions: Upgrading from Day One Classic. Please see this guide: Day One Classic is retired.
If you're interested in feature requests, see Day One Feature Requests.