Some issues are hard for us to resolve without seeing some more Mac OS X system details and crash reports.
Steps to Gather Crash Reports
- Open Finder
- Select Go to Folder… from the Go menu
- In the resulting list select everything that starts with “Day One”
- Attach each of these crash reports to the support request
If there are a lot of files, please compress them by following these steps:
- Select all the “Day One” crash reports (use the CMD key to select multiple files in Finder).
- Select Compress X Items (where X is the amount of items selected) from the File menu to create a file called Archive.zip.
- Attach Archive.zip to the support request.
We may also ask for logs from Console, a utility that tracks diagnostic information.
Console is found in the Utilities folder, located in your Mac’s Applications folder. You can also launch Console by using Spotlight.
Steps to Export Logs from Console
- Launch Console.
- If Show Log List is in the top left corner of the toolbar, click it. This will display a pane on the left side of the Console window. (If Hide Log List is in the left corner of the toolbar, you can ignore this step.)
- In the left pane, under the heading System Log Queries, click All Messages.
- Choose File > Save a Copy As… and save the file.
- Send this exported file to us as a zipped attachment to your support issue.