To share individual entries, follow these steps:
There are a few of ways to share entries to other applications.
Tap the More icon (•••) at the top right of an entry. Choose Share. This will open the share extension view for options to send the entry.
In the share extension view, the Share Card is a fun way to share entries. The first image and some text will be included as an option. Swipe to see other photos (if applicable) from the entry. Choose square or portrait aspect ratios.
Tap the Instagram logo at the top middle to load the Share Card directly into your Instagram Stories or tap the Share icon at the top right to share with other applications.
- Swipe on the entry in the Timeline view > tap the More (•••) icon > tap Share.
- While viewing an entry, tap the date at the top or the map at the bottom, then tap Share Entry in the metadata view.
Enabling the Day One Share Extension
Follow these steps to enable the Day One Share Extension:
- Go to Mac Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu.
- Find Day One listed in the right-hand pane.
- Click the checkbox to enable the Day One share extension.
- Click and drag Day One to move it to the top of the list. This will make Day One the first item in app share menus.
- Right-click on an entry in the Timeline view > choose Share > choose the desired destination
- While viewing an entry, click the More icon (•••) at the top right > click Share > desired destination