There are several ways to create entries in Day One for macOS.
- Click the + (plus) button at the top right.
- Right click (control+click) on a location on the map
- Click a date in the Calendar view. Right-click or control+click a date to see additional information.
- Choose File > New Entry or New Entry in Window
Version 2.9.2 and earlier
- Click the + icon at the top right.
- Click the + in the dual pane mode.
- Right-click on a location in the Map View.
- Right-click on any date in the Calendar View.
- Click File > New Entry (in the file menu).
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Command + N.