Merging journals automatically in Day One 2.0 is not supported but you can move your entries in bulk from one journal to another.
- Swipe on an entry and tap the Multi-Select Tool (checkmark icon). This will invoke select mode, and a circle will appear beside each entry.
- Tap the circle by each entry you wish to move. Alternatively, you can tap Select Allto include all entries.
- Tap the folder icon with the arrow to choose a journal.
- In the journal picker that appears, select the journal you wish to move your entries to.
- Display the journal pane by clicking its icon.
- Select the entries you want to move to a journal.
- Drag and drop them on the desired journal in the journal pane. -OR- Right-click and select Move > Then select Journal.
Once you have moved your entries to the desired journal, delete the empty journals with these steps:
- Tap Settings (gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen).
- Tap Journals.
- Tap the journal you wish to delete.
- Tap Delete Journal, then tap the Delete Journal button that appears.
- Tap Delete Journal again. (Yes, we really want to make sure that you don't accidentally delete a journal. :-) )
- Go to Day One > Preferences.
- Click Journals.
- Select the journal you wish to delete.
- Click the minus button.
- Click Delete Journal.